This is an exciting opportunity to join the Geneyx Field Support Team and help ensure the success of our Europe, Middle-East, and Africa customer base. The Field Application Scientist (FAS) role provides interaction with a wide range of researchers and clinicians across different scientific disciplines to promote software applications and services targeting genomic data analysis interpretation. As the first and primary technical field contact in the EMEA region, you will help broker strong relationships with your customers by looking after new installations and providing extensive customer training. You will also deliver logistical and troubleshooting support, as well as provide data analysis to ensure maximum utilization of the Geneyx Analysis platform.
- Analyze and interpret large molecular datasets such as DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, microarray, and proteomics data for clinical and basic research purposes.
- Engage in discussions with customers and cultivate lasting relationships.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, and pilot projects.
- Lead product implementation to get customers up and running, including defining workflow/ workflow establishment, onboarding, training, and managing plans and project communications.
- Assist in the production of presales documentation including customer-facing content used for pilots and demos such as presentations, and demo data sets.
- Participate in customer meetings and calls both directly with the customer and internal teams.
- Be the technical expert on the Geneyx software applications attend industry conferences and provide presentations
- Conduct internal training and ongoing knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Focus efforts to maintain and increase product utilization.
- Provide ongoing customer support including answering questions, logging issues, providing internal teams with specific examples of issues, and properly documenting issues through resolution.
- Identify and understand pain points and areas for improvement through support case trends and be in frequent communication with development and product teams.
- Through research, marketplace, and sales feedback, distill to development, sales, and marketing teams.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of key company processes that support our mission and promote a high service level.
- Ability to self-structure your days in heavy collaboration with Product and Development teams to carry out implementations and ongoing customer support, take customer emails and calls, send out agendas and meeting recaps, perform some app-based duties (ie setting up workspaces, etc), and update plans and documentation.
- Requires an MSc or P.h.D degree in Genetics (advantage), Bioinformatics or Molecular Biology.
- Next Generation Sequencing experience in a lab or bioinformatic analysis/developments experience – mandatory.
- 1-2 years of industry experience, advantage.
- Customer-facing roles and/or previous FAS experience preferred.
- Clinical experience is preferred with emphasis on data analysis and biological interpretation of DNA sequencing data.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal skills including strong public speaking experience.
- Aptitude for understanding, communicating and training scientific concepts, applications, and methods.
- Can work remote and hybrid from home if necessary / Based in Israel.