This is an exciting opportunity to join the Geneyx Field Support Team and help ensure the success of our US customer base. The Field Application Scientist (FAS) role provides interaction with a wide range of researchers and clinicians across different scientific disciplines to promote software applications and services targeting genomic data analysis interpretation. As the first and primary technical field contact in the US region, you will help broker strong relationships with your customers by looking after new installations and providing extensive customer training. You will also deliver logistical and troubleshooting support, as well as provide data analysis to ensure maximum utilization of the Geneyx platform.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate lasting relationships.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, and pilot projects.
- Lead product implementation to get customers up and running, including defining workflow/ workflow establishment, onboarding, training, and managing plans and project communications.
- Assist in the production of presales documentation including customer-facing content used for pilots and demos such as presentations, and demo data sets.
- Participate in customer meetings and calls both directly with the customer and internal teams.
- Be the technical expert on the Geneyx software applications attend industry conferences and provide presentations
- Conduct internal training and ongoing knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Focus efforts to maintain and increase product utilization.
- Provide ongoing customer support including answering questions, logging issues, providing internal teams with specific examples of issues, and properly documenting issues through resolution.
- Identify and understand pain points and areas for improvement through support case trends, and be in frequent communication with development and product teams.
- Through research, marketplace and sales feedback capture competitive and distill to development, sales, and marketing teams.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of key company processes that support our mission and promote a high service level.
- Independently leads and manages beta tests at customer sites
- Ability to self-structure your days in heavy collaboration with Product and Development teams to carry out implementations and ongoing customer support, take customer emails and calls, send out agendas and meeting recaps, perform some app-based duties (ie setting up workspaces, etc), and update plans and documentation.
- Analyze and interpret large molecular datasets such as DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, microarray, and proteomics data for clinical and basic research purposes.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Genetics, or Molecular Biology.
Masters or PhD preferred.
- At least 5 years of industry experience.
- Customer-facing roles and/or previous FAS experience preferred.
- Clinical account experience preferred with emphasis on data analysis and biological interpretation of ‘omics data.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal skills including strong public speaking experience
- Aptitude for understanding, communicating and training scientific concepts, applications and methods.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time.